Special Event meets Special Purpose
Bravo to In It Live, local technology firm, who is pivoting their special event software to help meet the need for food bank hamper deliveries.
Food bank hampers arrive at resident’s doorsteps – but not without many steps before!
1. Volunteers are recruited, and trained in Covid-prevention protocols
2. Daily deliveries are received from food bank.
3. Calculations are made to determine how many vehicles are needed to accommodate the number of food hampers on delivery. (Every volunteer drives a different vehicle!)
4. Volunteers sign up for the specific delivery date.
5. Addresses are divided up between drivers to create the most efficient route.
6. Routes are provided to drivers.
7. Maps are available to drivers.
What if a technology solution would make each step faster and easier?
This is what In It Live has been working on, with the support of our Volunteer Coordinator, Supervisor, technology consultant and humanitarian aid consultant. A field-tested app is nearly ready for food banks everywhere!